Job Advertisement: Assessors and Moderators (Contractual basis)
The Southern African Wildlife College (SAWC) was conceptualized in 1993 and established in 1996 by the World Wide Fund for Nature, South Africa (WWF South Africa) with national and provincial government departments, other conservation agencies and the Southern African Development Community (SADC). Through conservation education, training and skills development, the Southern African Wildlife College seeks to give protected area managers the motivation and skills they need to become partners in saving our continent's natural heritage. All training comprises theory as well as practical skills and has been developed in close collaboration with conservation agencies and, where relevant, community participation. By providing the high standards of professional and technical training that allows natural resource managers to manage their areas within the stated conservation objectives and in cooperation with local communities, the College and its donors are helping to ensure that our natural resources are managed in an equitable and sustainable manner. In so doing, they also impact the role that conservation is playing in job creation and poverty alleviation in and around our wildlife reserves.
The College is accredited by CATHSSETA and registered as a Higher Education Institution with the CHE. In line with our internal moderation and quality assurance processes, we make use of assessors and moderators on a contractual basis. The college is currently updating its database of available, registered, and suitably qualified assessors/ moderators in the area of its operations, and is looking for people who are interested in working with the college on a service level agreement level, and who would be able to work from the college for approximately 3 days a week, or 12 days a month.
• 5 years’ experience working with a training provider
• *Registered moderator at CATHSSETA
• *In possession of an ETDP Statement of results for the following unit standards: Conduct Outcomes-based Assessment, Conduct Moderation of Outcomes-based assessment, Design & Develop Assessments
• An experienced assessor & moderator
• Experience in project implementation of programmes on all levels while working with a training provider
• An understanding of ETQA processes within various SETAs
• An undergraduate qualification or equivalent for their area of subject matter expertise as Assessors;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
• Excellent inter-personal and people management skills;
• Ability to manage stress and work to tight deadlines with proven ability to work independently;
• Driver’s license and computer literacy;
• Willingness to undertake travel to the college and possibly to ancillary training sites is essential;
• Adherence to SAWC’s values, which are: Diverse, Open, Purposeful, Caring, Just, Disciplined, Celebrative.
• SAWC is an equal opportunity employer and due diligence is always given to equity, and internal staff development, when seeking or fill vacancies
To apply for the position, attach a detailed CV with certified copies of relevant qualifications.
Make sure you have names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references on your CV.
Please note that if the items marked with an asterisk* are not included as annexures, the application will not be considered.
Applications close on 20th March 2017
Candidates who have not received a response within two weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance.
SAWC reserves the right not to fill this position.
SAWC seeks to promote diversity among its staff and reserves the right to place candidates in line with their transformation and development policy, where this creates a vacancy at a lower level, or benefits communities by providing a casual employment opportunity
Please submit your applications to:
Academic Compliancy and Quality Management :: Head
+27 (0)15 793-7346